YIELDS: 10 Servings
PREP: 20 mins
TIME: 1 hour 30 min
- 1 lb. pasta shells
- 3 tbsp. Butter, plus 2 tbsp. Melted butter, plus more for greasing
- 4 tbsp. Cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) blocks cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 (10 oz) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375. Butter a 9×13” baking dish. In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Pour in milk and continue whisking until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer until slightly thickened, 2 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in mozzarella and 1 cup of Parmesan. Continue whisking until melted and smooth. Stir in spinach, artichoke, and cooked pasta and transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup Parmesan with panko and melted butter. Sprinkle mixture over macaroni.
Bake until bubbly and golden, about 30 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.