- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 10 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 4 cups of water
- 1 (4 pounds) corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 6 ounces beer
- 1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 9 hours
- Ready In: 9 hours 15 minutes
- Place the carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker, pour in the water, and place the brisket on top of the vegetables. Pour the beer over the brisket. Sprinkle on the spices from the packet, cover, and set the cooker on High.
- Cook the brisket for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage and cook for 1 more hour.
Recipe courtesy of https://www.allrecipes.com