This flavorful meal is a simple end to a spring day, as crisp and clear as the weather. Hopefully!
Total Time: 30 min
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for cooking salmon
- 1 lb. piece skinless salmon fillet
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, torn
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine the buglur with 2 cups boiling water. Let stand until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Cook the salmon until opaque throughout, 4-6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes.
- Toss the bulgur with the cucumbers, parsley, mint, onion, lemon juice, oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a fork to flake the salmon into large pieces. Gently fold it into the bulgur mixture.