Bright, happy, and yummy, these easy-to-make peppermint hearts are a treat any time of year, but they’re particular fun on and around Valentine’s Day. They’re also easy to make with kids!
Makes: 18 hearts
- 36 two and one-half inch peppermint candy canes, unwrapped
- 5 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- 5 ounces white candy coating
- 2 teaspoons crushed peppermint candy canes
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Arrange candy canes on the waxed paper in pairs with the ends touching to form heart shapes.
- Place one flavor of candy coating in 2-cup microwave-safe measuring cup.
- Microwave on medium for 2-3 minutes, stirring once halfway through the melting time.
- Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe candy into nine of the hearts to completely fill interior spaces.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy.
- Repeat process with other candy coating flavor.
- Let cool for 30 minutes or until completely set.